Players use NERF Dart Tag blasters to "tag" opposing team players and capture their "flag".
4 players per team, identified as blue or orange (following NERF Dart Tag jersey colours).
Round robin, each team compete against 3 other teams to score points to qualify for semi-finals.
Game mechanics for each match of 3 minutes duration:
1. Players of each team start at designated "base".
2. Upon commencement sound-off by game marshal, players may proceed to attack/defend against opposing team according to their strategy.
3. A velcro dart sticking on a player's jersey is counted as a "tag". "Tagged" players immediately hold up their blaster above heads (signify "don't shoot me") and proceed back to team "penalty zone" / respawn point. Upon reaching the "penalty zone", the player must remove the velcro dart from jersey and place on "penalty zone" velcro vest to signify 1 tag scored by opposing team. Player then starts 10 second timer penalty countdown before they can rejoin the game.
|Team "VIP" protecting flag|
5. Once a "flag" has been captured and re-located to the capturing team's "VIP", the "flag" may only be recaptured under the same conditions, i.e. "tag" opposing team's "VIP" before entry to claim a "flag". A player may only carry 1 "flag" at any time.
|Base ammo reload belts|
7. Players who have exhausted all ammo darts in their blasters and with no refill ammo left are considered to have ended their gameplay and to immediately return their blasters to base then raise their hands and move stand behind the "VIP". They are no longer targets to be "tagged".
8. Game ends after 3 minutes, or complete discharge of all legal ammo in arena by both teams.
9. Game marshals will call out "tagged" players by team colour and jersey number, e.g. blue 1, orange 3, etc. Players are to remember their jersey colour and number for each match.
10. Players in breach of the above rules of play may instructed to exit game or disqualified by game marshals.
Scoring for each match:
- team with higher number of "tags" against opposing team recorded from "penalty zone" scoring vest earns 2 points.
- if a team's "tags" more than double opponent's "tags", that team earns bonus 1 point.
- if both teams have the same number of "tags", each team scores 1 point.
- team capturing opposing team's "flag" earns 3 points.
4 highest scoring teams determined by cumulative scoring from 3 rounds will enter semi-finals. In event of even scoring, tie-breakers will be teams with the highest number of captured "flags", then highest number of "tags".
Players are to collect darts from ground between each match and reload their blasters & ammo belts to reset for their match.
Players should NOT run blindly within arena and beware of safety considerations at all times.
Please heed instructions from game marshals or face the "axe" from matches by our NERF N-Forcer!
More detailed instructions on the matches will be made available in tournament day.
NOW, are your NERFers ready? Plan your team strategy in advance. But many well-laid plans fly out the window the moment action starts, so you may wish to test theories first in practice matches prior to tournament time. Standby for Tournament Day itinerary coming soon.
Excited to join the action? It's not too late. Just purchase minimum RM50 of new NERF Elite range and Vortex Pyragon products to participate in the Open Category. Register online here.
NERF and its associated trade names are copyright to Hasbro Inc. used with permission by Outpost Events as the appointed agency by Hasbro Malaysia to organise the NERF Dart Tag Tournament Malaysia 2012.