Deadpool is your non-typical anti-hero character endowed with an often twisted and dark sense of humour, especially when he’s dealing with the bad guys. With Deadpool’s sense of comedy, you can expect many ‘cards against humanity’ types of jokes.
This movie, directed by Tim Miller, stars Ryan Reynolds as the titular character and supported by the likes of Morena Baccarin, Ed Skrein, T.J. Miller, Gina Carano, Stefan Kapičić and relative newcomer Brianna Hildebrand. As usual, Marvel legend Stan Lee will be making a cameo appearance as, of all things, a strip club MC.
|Bet you never saw Deadpool in a tough macho guy pose before!|
|The cast of Deadpool.|
Also for the benefit of the ladies, this movie is also marketed as a Valentine’s Day romantic drama. If you can ignore the scenes where Deadpool blows out the bad guy’s brains, that is. Enjoy a more touchy-feely version of the Deadpool trailer below:
If the trailer is anything to go by, this can turn out to be a much better romantic hit than ‘The Notebook’. No, serious.
|Deadpool first comic book appearance in 1991.|
- Collectibles Hobby Store Lil’ Monsters at Jaya Shopping Centre has some cutesy Deadpool goodies so pay them a visit soon because they are all gone.
|Aww, ain't this Deadpool super-cute?|
|Make your own Deadpool sculpted ice or jello.|
- If you’re wondering where to find Chimichangas in Malaysia, head on over to Thyme Out, a Mexican restaurant in SS15 Subang Jaya. Chimichanga is a deep-fried burrito that is popular in Southwestern U.S. cuisine and the Mexican states of Sinaloa and Sonora. The dish is typically prepared by filling a flour tortilla with a wide range of ingredients, most commonly rice, cheese, machaca, carne adobada, or shredded chicken, and folding it into a rectangular package. It is then deep-fried and can be accompanied with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and/or cheese. (source: Wikipedia)
|Deadpool's favourite eats: CHIMICHANGAS! Served in chicken, beef or lamb at Thyme Out.|
- If you can't wait till the 2nd half of this year to get a hold of Deadpool, the Sideshow Collectibles comic-version 1/6 scale Deadpool figure has already been released. Ordering direct from Sideshow Collectibles in U.S. will set you back over RM1,000 after shipping and taxes. Consider instead ordering through local hobby shops like Lil' Monsters and ShiokToys.com for significant savings, although stocks have let to arrive.
|Take a challenge to pose your various Deadpool in action like this!|
- For Deadpool comic books, visit the comic shops like Comics Corner in Damansara Jaya and Comics Mart in Mid Valley Megamall. Large bookstores like Borders, MPH and Kinokuniya in Suria, KLCC also offer a fair collection of Deadpool graphic novels. Borders is even offering 20% off selected Deadpool titles plus a free button badge.
|There's more Deadpool comics now than ever before!|
- If you like surprises, get a the next Marvel Collectors Corp loot box featuring Deadpool in February. New hobby retailer, Loot Chest in Da Men shopping mall USJ, would be able to help you order one.
- 20th Century Fox Malaysia is also awarding Deadpool Movie Premiums on their weekly Caption Contest. Simply give Deadpool a witty line suited to the photo shown for chance to win assorted goodies.
Deadpool is almost likely to be rated 18+, therefore sorry to all the kiddies who shouldn't be watching this sorta movie or reading the comics. But here's to close with a PG-rated movie clip friendly for all ages and an indication of what the young ones will be missing out on until they reach 18.
From every crew member of Outpost:
HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR!
And go watch Deadpool...
Disclaimer: Deadpool and other trademarks are copyright to Marvel and/or 20th Century Fox, referenced here for fan service announcements without intent to infringe.