Attention fellow Geek guys & gals!
Avenue K shopping mall in downtown Kuala Lumpur is now hosting a Collectors Festival on their ground floor concourse until 10 May 2017. The Avenue K Collectors Festival (AKCF) is showcasing premium collectibles by Prime 1 Studio. This Japanese company founded in 2012 manufacturers limited edition statues from pop culture franchises such as DC, Marvel, Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and more. Products by Prime 1 Studio is distributed locally by Shioktoys Collectibles who have brought out some of their best works to showcase at AKCF.
|AK Collectors Festival on now at the ground floor concourse of Avenue K shopping mall.|
Here's a sampling of the awesome statues to be seen at AKCF:
|DC Comics superhero Trinity: Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman altogether in last year's BvS.|
|Prime 1 Studio statue of Batman The Dark Knight Returns version|
|Prime 1 Studio Limited Edition Venom statue.|
|Marvel's Anti-Venom by Prime 1 Studio.|
|Prime 1 Studio's licenses includes Transformers with this Optimus Prime statue.|
|Decepticon leader Megatron looks ready to bring the pain.|
|1:6 scale figurines in custom environments also showcased.|
Here's a lil walk-through of AK Collectors Festival at Avenue K! Remember to drop by and snap photos with your favorite pop cultures characters from now till 10 May 2017. #AvenueKMY #makefriendscreatetrends #AKCollectorsFest
Posted by Avenue K on Friday, 28 April 2017
AKCF also offers activities for mall shoppers with the Super-Agent Challenge. Shoppers with minimum spend of RM50 from any shops in Avenue K will be entitled to take the NERF blaster test in attempt to qualify. The top 8 high scorers from these qualifying attempts will be invited to compete at the Super-Agent Challenge this Sunday 7 May, 1pm. Those with the best skills with NERF and the Injustice video game stand a chance to win these prizes:
- 1st Prize: Limited Edition Batman bust by Prime1 Studio & other prizes worth RM3,000
- 2nd Prize: Limited Edition Jor-El figurine by Hot Toys & other prizes worth RM2,000
- 3rd Prize: Iron Make Mk42 collectible figurine by Egg Attack and other prizes worth RM1,000
- Consolation prizes (5): Superheroes United Marvel t-shirt & other prizes worth RM400 each
It may be just worth your while practicing in advance at the NERF blaster range!
Other more geek-oriented activities include toy sculpting and demo by local artist Blackz GBC plus talks on Customised Costumes & Props by Jon Dei Goon of Helios E.
- 1st Prize: AK Cash Voucher worth RM800 & Hot Toys 1:6 scale ELECTRO & other prizes worth RM2, 000
- 2nd Prize: AK Cash Voucher worth RM500 & Mafex die-cast BATMOBILE & other prizes worth RM1, 500
- 3rd Prize: AK Cash Voucher worth RM300 & Autographed artworks by comic artist Jimbo Salgado & other prizes worth RM1, 000
- Consolation Prizes (5): Superheroes United MARVEL apparel & other prizes worth RM400
- Each contestant will be required to showcase themselves in 3 cosplay poses and offered up to 2 minutes to perform a skit. Each contestant may be assisted by up to 2 helpers in their skit. The skits should not contain elements potentially offensive to local society and refrain from issues relating to race, religion or politics.
- Judges will score contestants based on costume quality and cosplay performance (not skit, no score. Cosplay representative of any character displayed by Prime 1 Studio at AKCF may be awarded bonus score.
- Props resembling weapons need to be submitted for inspection during check-in. Real-world guns are not encouraged and if used nozzle must be capped off.
- No cosplayer changing rooms are provided by the venue. Kindly prepare to be in costume before arriving at the mall or make use of the public restrooms as necessary (upper levels less trafficked).
|Excellent view of KLCC Twin Towers from Avenue K's rooftop terrace.|