What if a dying alien space cop crash-landed along the coast of Terengganu? What if a mystical hammer imbued with godly powers landed in the plains of Sepang? What if a super-soldier serum was created in Universiti Hospital? What if YOU received these super-powers?
Become a Malaysian SuperHero at The Star Online Carnivale MySuperHero Talent Casting Contest and stand a chance to win some cool gadgets, plus potentially kickstart your career as a modelling talent.
Winner "Ultimate MySuperHero" Grand Prize:
- HTC Sensation Smartphone (worth RM1,799)
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Contata Single-Serve Beverage Espresso Coffee Machine (worth RM880)
- Movie Memorabilia (worth RM200)
Over RM3,800 worth of prizes courtesy of HTC, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Star Online and Outpost Events.
1. This contest is open to all Malaysian residents aged 18 and above. There is no fee to participate.
2. Participation is strictly limited to casting sessions scheduled at The Star Online Carnivale at Tropicana City Mall, main concourse, on Sunday 20 November 2011 between 11am to 7pm. Limited casting sessions may be available for pre-registered contestants on Friday 20 November 2011.
3. Participants are encouraged to pre-register by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org the following particulars by Thursday 17 November, 12pm noon:
a. Name (following NRIC)
d. Contact number (mobile)
e. Height (cm), weight (kg), shoe size (UK)
f. Self-photo, portrait & full-body (limit size to less than 100kb)
Only qualified applicants will be contacted with a scheduled casting session time and issued an official contestant registration form. Submission does not guarantee selection as a contestant; if you do not receive a reply means that you were not selected.
On-site registration will only be available for remaining casting session times (if any). In event all casting session times are full, qualified contestants may join waitlist and standby as potential substitute.
4. Qualified contestants are required to report-in at the MySuperHero booth at least 30 minutes before their scheduled casting session time. Contestants failing to report-in may be substituted by qualified contestants on standby without offer of replacement session.
5. Contestants will be provided a superhero-inspired costume for photo shoot at the booth studio. Costumes are allocated by the organiser without prior consultation. Contestants which decline costumes automatically forfeit from the contest. The photo shoot will be individual as well as group and should not exceed 30 minutes.
6. Qualified contestants may also where their own superhero-inspired costumes and are required to include self-photo in complete costume as part of particulars submitted for pre-registration as per item 3 above. Costumes must be suitable for public presentation by social norms and exclude any real weapons or props of close likeness.
7. Following the photo shoot, contestants will tour the shopping mall in costume and attempt to perform "good deeds" for shoppers to raise their popularity. Examples of "good deeds" include helping to carry shopping, pick-up litter, entertaining children, etc. and generally posing for photo opportunities on request. Recipients of "good deeds" will be informed to give positive feedback to finalist contestants to determine winners. The shopping mall tour should not exceed 30-45 minutes.
8. After the talent casting sessions, the organisers will shortlist 8 contestants as finalists for public opinion via online media by 23 November 2011.
9. The organisers will announce MySuperHero winners in early-December 2011, taking into consideration public opinion received until 30 November 2011. Organiser's decisions are final and not open for dispute.
10. By participating, all contestants hereby agree to allow organiser to use their photos for publicity and media coverage. All contestants will receive selected photos (softcopy) from the casting session in due course.
11. Contestants are solely responsible for their own conduct, well-being and security of their personal belongings during the casting sessions and discharge the organisers of any potential claims which may arise.
12. The organiser retains the right to revise the contest mechanics and regulations without prior notice.